Ships in 1-2 business days
Quick Size: Covers approximately 2.5 sqft at a depth of 1" (6.25 lbs of SBR rubber buffings & 1 lb of Aromatic binder)
Value Size: Covers approximately 5 sqft at a depth of 1" (12.5 lbs of SBR rubber buffings & 2 lbs of Aromatic binder)
Jumbo Size: Covers approximately 10 sqft at a depth of 1" (25 lbs of SBR rubber buffings & 4 lbs of Aromatic binder)
Giant Size: Covers approximately 20 sqft at a depth of 1" (50 lbs of rubber buffings & 8.39 lbs of Aromatic binder)
Base Layer Patch Kit to repair the Impact attenuation layer of poured in place playground rubber surfaces.
Our poured in place rubber base layer patch kits are designed to repair damages that extend beyond the wear layer into the impact attenuation layer.
The depth of the base layer depends on the height of your playground equipment. The most common depth for the base layer is 1″.
After applying the base layer kit, you should apply a Wear Layer Patch Kit on top.
Caution: You should never patch base layer with wear layer material because the EPDM granules that make up the wear layer do not have the impact attenuation properties that the SBR rubber strands do.
If you are looking into patching your playground PIP rubber surface, you could have prevented the damage from occurring in the first place with our DIY Poured In Place Rebinder™.
Click to learn more!
You will need: A utility knife, a bucket for mixing, a rounded trowel, soapy water and gloves
- Make sure you pick a dry day to patch.
- Using a sharp utility knife, create a clean cut around the area you would like to patch.
- Clean the area to be patched of any debris.
- Pour the entire content of the package (first the buffings, then the one metal can of binder) in a plastic pail that you plan to dispose of later.
- Mix the content thoroughly. Make sure that all the buffings are coated evenly with the binder.
- Using a rounded trowel spread the mix onto the area you are patching.
- Use a mixture of water and liquid soap to lubricate the trowel after each pass.
- Let cure for at least 24 hours before you apply the wear layer.
Click Here for a downloadable instruction sheet